The first mobile phone call

martin cooper using mobile phone
March 01, 2016

First mobile phone call was in 1973, smartphone penetration worldwide is growing and in Egypt reached 33.5% in 2016, 1/3 of population using mobile apps now.

43 years ago, exactly on April 3, 1973, the first mobile phone call was made. Martin Cooper and his team of engineers at Motorola Company worked to build the world’s first cellular telephone. Dr. Cooper’s team began designing their cellular telephone in November 1972, three months later they had created a working prototype. When the device was ready for testing, Cooper’s first call was to a competitor “Joel Engel”, who was doing similar work at AT&T to tell him that he is calling from a real cell phone!

Nowadays, after that historical first call, the total number of global mobile connections is 7.1 Billion mobile connection and the total number of smartphone connections is 2.7 Billion. Smartphones users basically using  Smartphone Apps to check and send emails, research with search engines, use social media websites, play games, get turn by turn directions, access news, books, weather, and more.

Apps account for 89% of smartphone media time, with the other 11% spent on websites, consumers might prefer to do research elsewhere, but they want to consume media through an smartphone app. Owing iOS or Android Application for your business is not an option anymore.

Many small businesses have their own dedicated iOS and Android app. It serve their business by many ways like being visible to the customers at all times, you can create a direct marketing channels as the mobile apps serve many functions like providing general info, prices, messengers, new feeds, and much more.

Whatever you are selling a product or providing a service, your customers need to hear from you. One of the best ways to communicate them is the push notification,push notification is the messaging feature in your smartphone app, this feature will guarantee an instant communication with your customers. It’s all about building a relation with the customer to make them loyal to your service or product. The iOS and Android apps is one of the ways to stay closer to your customers and knowing their needs.

DO YOU HAVE A PROJECT IN MIND? WE CAN HELP.

Request Now