Windows System Administrator September 01, 2016
SHARE THIS POST
- Plan & schedule the installation of the new or modified hardware & operating systems and applications software
- Manage accounts, network rights, systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability & recoverability
- Implement security procedures & tools
- Develop & document systems administration standard operating procedures
- Resolve significant hardware/software interface & interoperability problems
- Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity & efficiency
- Maintain systems configuration
- Manage the installation & integration of system fixes, updates & enhancements & ensuring the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles & practices.
- A 3 years of hands on experience as a Windows systems administrator in web hosting field, performing the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting & maintenance software systems.
- Experienced in documenting procedures.
- Experienced in a web hosting control panel.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance & troubleshooting of Windows Server 2008 and 2012 based systems.
- Maintaining IIS.
- Monitor all Windows servers for performance issues & stability concerns.
- Administer web users & hosting accounts.
- Work with Apache and IIS on a daily basis to support customers & ensure maximum uptime.
- Staying familiar with new versions of applications used on servers.
- Working with & troubleshooting all of the following, including, but not limited to: SMTP, SNMP, SNTP, POP, FTP, SSL, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, telnet, SFTP, DNS, RDP, TCP, ICMP, and UDP.
- Use knowledge of each of the above listed technologies as related to the issue at hand.
- Use & maintain zone file for name servers is a plus.
- Work with basic applications & their ports: backup, MSSQL, MySQL.
- Work with permissions in Microsoft Server.
- Setup & maintain Open Database Connectivity.
- Work with & troubleshoot FrontPage Extensions.
- Work with, troubleshoot & diagnose ASP, ASP.NET & PHP languages.
- Document issues & associated resolutions to problems.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in the English language.
- 2+ years of Microsoft Web Server administration.
- Willing & able to cover other shifts if needed.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts & to complete work as expected.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment & follow instructions from supervisors & senior colleagues.
- Code95 provides a competitive salary, flexible working hours and a fast growing career along in a learning environment.