Project Manager October 16, 2016
SHARE THIS POST
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short-term project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverers.
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverers, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- BSc in computer science or any related field.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit aproject and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 1 year of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- PMP preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues